Friday 17 July 2015

Two or More Patterned Papers

Here is my DT piece for this week over at the Polkadoodles Challenge Blog. I fancied doing something a bit different I could envisage the idea in my head but had no clue what the technique was called. So I asked my teamies they came up with 'Faux Weaving' or 'Bargello'.

This post will be rather photo heavy but hopefully it will show you how I achieved the effect.


I printed off 3 chosen backing papers from Polkadoodles Paper Boutique 2 


then cut them into 3cm strips and stuck them onto another piece of A4 card, alternating the designs as I went.


I then turned the sheet 90 degrees and once again cut into 3cm strips. I then laid them onto another piece of A4 until I was happy with the pattern and then stuck into place. Let it dry and cut into the size I required.


This is my finished piece of 'Faux Weaving' or 'Bargello' backing paper.


I inked the edges and matted onto a piece of contrasting cardstock.


I placed some polkadot ribbon around the centre to break the design up a little and added some faux stitching around the edge.


I printed off one of the templates from the afore mentioned CD. Cut out the circular backing sheet, inked the edges and added a bit of glitter pen to the 'faux stitching', raised it on foam tape and added it to my card.


To complete my card I inked, glittered and put together the gorgeous Rudolph design added some googlie eyes, a sentiment and my card was complete.

Many thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to leave me a comment below x

challenges entered:




12 comments:

  1. Well didn't you do well! I am loving your technique and how cute is that Rudolph! Great make x Y

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bev!
    I love the technique you used it looks fab!
    Great card Hun!
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - Bev! I love this and what a fabulous technique!! TFS and have a great weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card Mrs! You are smokin' atm! Love those eyelashes - they're awesome x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever background Bev and I love all the extra touches of sparkle you've added, Jackie x (Polkadoodles DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi
    great card
    thanks for joining us at CHCC2
    hugs Lisbeth
    DT-CHCC2

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing!
    Hugs
    Anj
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting Musketeers.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How awesome is that background paper you explained it so well ( shall have to give that a go ) ...
    I love your reindeer too awesome love love love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card..love that paper weaving and that reindeer is so cute. Thankyou for sharing with us at the Crafting Musketeers Challenge. Good Luck..Genny DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had totally forgotten about this technique and how fab it looks, your Rudolph is just the best.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this and such an inventive way to create the background.xx

    ReplyDelete