Friday 19 September 2014

Altered Notebook

Morning all. I've been dabbling in and out of a few bits this week and not actually completed a lot. Although I have completed this little altered notbook. I recently signed up to a (not sure what you'd call it) 'Random Act of Kindness' or a 'Pay It Forward' initiative on Facebook, where by the first 5 people to comment on your status receive a little something handmade by you and in return they too have to pass it on.... so here's my first make and I'm not sure who to send it too yet....


The image is Shy Maddie a digi stamp from Polkadoodles I coloured her with my Graph'it Markers (Skin: 4120, 4115, 4150,4145, 4135, Hair: 4110, 1210, 1230, 1270, DRESS, 9100, 9101, 9102, 9103, Socks: 9100, 9101, blender, Shoes: 3270, 3280, 3290, Flowers: 4150, 4170, 4180, Headband: 3270, 3280, 3290 with a covering of wink of stella)

To make the book cover I cut a piece of Kraft card to size embossed with the 'Tied Together' embossing folder by Couture Creations and inked the edges with Weathered Wood distress ink and then added a few blue gemstones. On top I layered a cm smaller piece of background paper from Pretty Sweet CD Rom which I distressed and aged. I then added Maddie to the top with some foam tape . The flower is from Winston CD Rom. Just to finish off I added a few raffia knots to the spring bound edge.

I'd like to enter my altered notebook into the following challenges:




 I really do appreciate you taking time out of your day to view my blog. 

Thank you!



7 comments:

  1. Oh Bev its fabulous. I love it xx I've been trying a couple of altered notebooks for my twins how spooky is that! Your colouring is amazing as always hun xx
    Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Bev, this is fabulous. Love your colouring! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Bev this is fabulous! I love the gorgeous background and the image is beautifully coloured.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this notebook, amazing colouring too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So super cute! Love the idea of changing a notebook this way. I love your background, keep on the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful make.Love the notebook cover and the image is adorable.Thanks for joining in with us over at Rubys Rainbow.Good luck.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete