I now know I started off using them wrong (for me) but we live & learn eh? We aren't all naturals. If you're interested, here is what I did. I stamped out the largest flower from Daisy Days in clear embossing ink and the whitest embossing powder I had ( I defo think I'd prefer a whiter one!) then I chose the colours. Now this is where I feel I went wrong. After wetting my watercolour paper I scribbled ink onto an acrylic block and applied to my design from there.
I think my problem is I like things to be controlled and exactly as I want them to be I've now learnt that it's doesn't have to be like that, lol! I battled my demons and persevered and gradually my design came together but I tell you there were a few heart palpitations during the process. So for me this was very therapeutic. I literally pushed through and came out the other side. Now some of you may think that sounds daft but for those that know me and I mean 'really know me' will realise how difficult it was and although this is not my preferred colouring medium I do think I'll give it another go.
It's not great, its far from perfect but overall I'm happy with it. Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave me a comment, I love to read them!